Interlink Power & Energy and its subsidiaries are committed to the health and safety of its workforce and the protection of the environment in the provision of products and services. Interlink values each individual employee and recognises that duty of care responsibilities and obligations are a reciprocal relationship between Interlink and its workforce. Interlink believes all injuries and occupational illnesses are preventable and its priority is to prevent any fatalities, injuries and/or illness arising during the course of employment.
- Maintain the practice of “zero harm” to ensure, where practicable, no adverse hazards or harm impact on Interlink’s people or the environment when conducting business operations.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and industry requirements to which Interlink subscribes and maintain accreditation to.
- Develop methods of evaluating performance for continual improvement of the Company’s processes and behaviours when identifying and achieving HSE goals as part of the Corporate Management Plan.
- Implement action plans and risk assessments which establish, monitor and maintain a safe workplace.
- Ensure employees are properly selected, qualified and educated in the Company’s HSE practices.
- Develop a culture which focuses on injury prevention, fitness for work responsibilities, waste minimisation, pollution control and accountability through transparent recording and reporting measures.
- Communicate this policy across the whole organisation by effectively utilising resources such as toolbox meetings, the intranet, inductions, notice boards, crib-rooms, electronic forms of communication, and/or other means as appropriate.
This policy applies to all Interlink personnel, its subsidiaries, contractors, and visitors affiliated with Interlink, across all projects and operations at all times.
Managers and supervisors have a duty of care to monitor the work environment, prevent exposure of the workforce to hazards or harm and promote this policy.
The Interlink Board of Directors commits to ensuring the organisation operates in a safe, efficient manner and will take all reasonable steps to ensure the health and well being of the workforce by providing a safe working environment throughout its operations at all times.